This one-on-one, tutor-led, interactive e-learning course is aimed at anyone who uses abrasive wheels, or employs people who use abrasive wheels as part of their work. It covers different types of Abrasive Wheels, discs and their identification and functions, safety in their use, relevant regulations and approved methods of inspecting and storing equipment.
Once you receive your log-in details, you can complete the course at any time to suit you. Each time you log in, you’ll be able to see the progress you have made and our e-learning portal will remember where you left off last time – so you can continue your training quickly and easily. You can also go over the learning content as often as required so you get the optimum learning experience that will be retained and applied to your work, to keep you and your business safe and compliant.
Our presenter Nigel will guide you through all the knowledge and understanding you need in a series of videos followed by some multiple choice questions. You need to answer at least 70% of the questions correctly and you’ll have three attempts to complete each module.
There are 11 modules to this course:
• Module 1: Introducing Abrasive Wheels
• Module 2: The Anatomy of an Abrasive Wheel
• Module 3: The Dangers of Abrasive Wheels
• Module 4: Abrasive Wheel Safety
• Module 5: Safe Speeds
• Module 6: Other Wheel Markings
• Module 7: Storage and Handling
• Module 8: Checking and Testing
• Module 9: Training and Certification
• Module 10: Inspections
• Module 11: Course Summary
Access to the course and assessment materials:
100 minutes (not accounting for loading time)
On successful completion of the course you will be awarded an electronic Learning Post Certificate of Training in Abrasive Wheels.
All Certificates can be validated via our website by entering the code which appears on the Certificate.
Recommended System Requirements
• Operating System: Windows XP/7/8, Mac OSX (10.6) • Browser: Chrome 20+, Firefox 28+, Internet Explorer 9, Safari for Mac 5+ • Video: Up to date video drivers • Memory: 1Gb+ RAM • Additional Software: Flash Player 10+ • Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)